Face Lift Surgery
Face lift surgery is a cosmetic surgery treatment to help remove the signs of ageing from the facial region. This surgical treatment is useful to remove unwanted blemishes and signs of ageing from the face to enhance its appeal. The face lift surgery involves removing excessive baggy skin from the forehead to the lower part of the chin. It also requires tightening the underlying facial muscles and the remainder of the skin over the face and neck to give smoother facial skin texture. The face lift surgery procedure is an effective way to rejuvenate with a youthful and attractive looking face.
Almost any person with a desire to regain their youthful looking face can undergo a face lift procedure. However, the cosmetic specialist will take into consideration several factors before advising on a face lift surgery, such as:
- Skin elasticity
- Underlying medical problems (if any)
- Excessive skin on the face
- Jowls/double chin
- Wrinkles on the face
- Realistic expectations
How is Face Lift surgery performed?
Face lift surgery is probably one of the most popular cosmetic surgeries in use today. There are various types of face lift surgeries defined in medical terms however the basic aim of the face lift surgery is to first remove the excessive skin from the face which tends to sag. The surgeon will then tightening the weakened facial muscles which lie underneath the facial skin. The next part involves stretching the remaining skin over the face. It gives a smooth and taut skin on the face, which makes the person look younger and more attractive.
Types of Face Lift surgeries
Although, the main aim of any type of face lift surgery is to remove the excessive skin and tighten it over the face, the size or placement of the incisions, the extent of invasive method used as well as the particular area of the face being treated are used to classify the various types of face lift surgery.
Let us look at the most effective and popular types of face lift surgeries:
- SMAS (Superficial Musculo Aponeurotic System): The SMAS face lift surgery concerns itself mainly with tightening of the SMAS supporting ligaments under the cheeks. With ageing these underlying tissue is likely to become weak and sag. This procedure is used to effectively tighten the supporting tissue which in turn results in smoother looking cheeks.
- Composite Face Lift: A composite face lift surgery is a comparatively more complex cosmetic surgery. It requires accessing the deeper underlying layers of facial supporting tissue to reposition them and to increasing their mobility for better facial expressions.
- Mid Face Lift: The mid face lift surgery is most useful for improving the appearance of the cheeks. In this, the surgeon aims to make the cheeks look fuller and improve the area around the nose and mouth as well. It is an effective alternate for people looking to get better looking cheeks and the mouth and nose area without the need to go for an extensive total face lift surgery.
- Deep Plane Face Lift: This facial cosmetic surgery is most useful for improving the nasolabial region of the face. This helps to make the nose more pronounced.
- Mini Face Lift: A mini face lift surgery is a minimally invasive type of facial cosmetic surgery and a good alternate to a complete face lift procedure. In this, the cosmetic surgeon focuses on improving the nasolabial fold and the sagging lower chin. The endoscopic method of surgery ensures faster recovery, lesser pain and lesser scarring.
- Thread Lift: This is also known as a ‘feather lift’ and is performed using minimally invasive surgical procedure. It involves improving the upper facial region, including the forehead, eyes and the nasolabial region. This cosmetic face lift surgery does not require removing skin but uses fine sets of staples and sutures to keep the stretched upper facial skin in place.
- Superficial Face Lift: This is a cosmetic face lift surgery that aims to tighten only the upper layers of the facial skin. This surgery does not tamper with the underlying connective tissues, muscles and supporting ligaments.
Are there any risks associated with Face Lift surgery?
There are certain risks that are seen in rare cases after a face lift surgery. These are the few complications that are sometimes seen after a face lift procedure:
- Facial nerve damage
The cosmetic surgeon will take every possible precaution to ensure that these complications are prevented.
A face lift surgery is an effective cosmetic surgical procedure which is designed to offer the best and most convenient way to get a youthful face and help boost the overall self-confidence of the person.
Face lift surgery is a cosmetic surgery treatment to help remove the signs of ageing from the facial region. This surgical treatment is useful to remove unwanted blemishes and signs of ageing from the face to enhance its appeal.